1786. Duplin Co. N.C. Census
11/5/87. Duplin Co. N.C. - Land Deed Bk. D.P.T.U., pg. 32. Bought 105 A for 105 pounds.
2/1/1790. Duplin Co. N.C. D.F.T.U. Bk. pg. 86. 97. Sold land, 105 A, 180 pounds.
4/3/1791. Washington Co. Ga. State Archives, Atlanta Survey. Gen. ordered to survey 470 A. for Elijah Groom.
7/16/1804. Grant Deed made for Elijah Groom. Washington Co. Ga.
1805. Washington Co. Ga. Catherine Groom (widow) drew Land Lottery.
5/3/1810. Archives, Atlanta, of Washington Co. Ga. Grant to heirs of Elijah Groom, dec., 300/400 A.
1/30/1811. Ga. Journal: Notice of eighty seven & one half A. in favor of Catherine Groom.
1. Family Bible of Jonathan Miller, son of Mary (Groom) & Lewis Miller.
2. 1786, Census, Duplin Co. N.C.
3. 1850 Census: Coosa, Ala., Wilcox, Ala., Montgomery, Ala.
4. Family Bible of Right Marshall Groom, son of Bright Marshall Groom.
5. History of Stewart County, Ga.
1. Willena (Groom) Goodwin,& Loma (Groom Harrison, dec. Charles Groom.
2. Modena Hodges Peterson, dec. of Mary (Groom) Miller.
3. Mrs. J. W. Brittain, & Karherine Bone Chatfield, dec. of Priscilla (Groom) Putnam.
4. Joseph Groom dec, of Charles Groom.
5. Minerva Bone Bassett, Catherine Bone Chatfield, & Ruby Johnson Mays, dec. of Bright Marshall Groom.
6. Betty G. Burgess, dec. of Stephen Herring Groom.
7. Fannie Crumbley, dec. Zephtha (Groom) & Anthony Crumbley.